Friday, December 15, 2006

The Migration Begins!!

My Brilliant family have asked me down for christmas i.e. they are paying for me to come down and i am positively elated!!!! Christmas honestly doesn't get better. The prospects of another cold, wet christmas was not exactly appealing.
The mass Migration has already begun. Friends started going at the start of the week and will keep leaving for Nigeria till the last week of the year. Amazing. I am totally looking forward to scoffing on Jollof rice and chicken and going out in Lagos and talking in Nigerian english and so on.....
I have started packing already although i now find myself in a dilenma. I need to find christmas presents fast. I bought an ipod for my brother who is about 28 so that seems ideal and a tommy hilfiger hold all for my sister who is about 27. But there is my brother who is 29 and another who is 33ish and then my darling mama....what do i get them?
I sent my mate vic to town today to get some facial scrubs and stuff for my sister i hope she likes it and then i went shopping for chocs as well....perhaps i am getting sucked into the consumerism that is christmas!!
My housemates are leaving as well...at least some of them. T the cockney chap went on tuesday to london (he once worked as a chef at the ivy actually...or something like that) and J.F is off to paris on tuesday (he is french). V is not sure when he goes back to london but S isn't going anywhere...he is welsh!
At this point i trully do not care what anyone gets up to...i just can't wait to go home.....i say in a sing-song voice!
I am not going to the christmas party at work this year and most think its because i think i am too posh! Tosh! It's bad enough that you have to see them for the 364 odd days of the year but at christmas as well? Pah
I wonder if British people think i hate christmas too just because i am not british? Food for thought? I don't care, i'm off to lagos...la dee da!!

6 Comments:

At 4:12 pm, Blogger Aaron Rowe said...

safe journey boyo,

No doubt I will be passing you in the air going in the opposite direction.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year in advance.

 
At 10:37 pm, Blogger A.H. said...

Don't worry: many British people hate Christmas too! A lot don't admit it. Have a good return. Bon voyage.

 
At 10:03 am, Blogger internationalhome said...

thanks boys...hope you have a good one as well!

@ Eshu: you are right actually...hope you have a good one too.

@ adam: thanks, have a good trip! All i can say is..tidy!

I wish someone would give me gift ideas for christmas

 
At 12:17 pm, Blogger Quest said...

Fun!! Safe journey home. So are we hanging out or what?

 
At 12:41 pm, Blogger internationalhome said...

@ everchange: for sure!!! just drop me a line with your contacts!! would be nice to rant with you one afternoon somewhere HEHE

 
At 4:05 pm, Blogger Quest said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home