Friday, December 22, 2006

Jingle all the way!

Well I'm off! My train ticket is one of those cheap single ones whereby if you miss it, its gone for good! Despite paying close to thirty quid for it!
My Bag is sitting in the landing now and it's finally squeezed shut! I didn't realise i was carrying so much stuff! I went shopping last night and the city centre was packed....human traffic. The queue's as house of fraser were longer than anything i had ever seen before. The man in front of my was purchasing knee high ladies boots that would suit as young 20something. Judging by his age, i was guessing that it was for a younger girlfriend, second wife or daughter! When i heard the price of the shoes, i hoped for his sake they were for his daughter!
I hope to meet up with everchange whilst i am in town, that should be an interesting laugh.
I didn't meet my target in terms of my coursework (i'm halfway through my researching module essay) but i simply cannot concentrate anymore! I am taking charlotte william's sugar and spice (where she writes about being mixed race in north wales) so that i can read that for my culture and subjectivity essay...that should be a walk in the park. it does not help though that i have gotten the latest vanity fair issue, distracting!
It's so exciting to be going back home, i hope i enjoy it.
To everyone out there, i'll do the american thing and say happy holidays. See you at the other side of my hiatus!
x

5 Comments:

At 1:13 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe those boots were for himself. Where they in a large size by any chance?

 
At 3:20 pm, Blogger A.H. said...

Hope you escaped the fog problems.

 
At 2:13 am, Blogger Nkem said...

You've got to keep us updated on goings on in Nigeria.

 
At 7:40 am, Blogger Marin said...

Hope you are having a wonderful time in good ole Lagos....

 
At 10:38 am, Blogger internationalhome said...

Hi all!! thanks for the messages.

@ eshu: didn't escape it but luckily, it was mainly affecting local and regional flights. Proved a bit of an issue when we tried to land yesterday as well.
@ Nkem: where does one begin with the Nigerian question?
@ marin: I have had a nice time and will blog about it all shortly.
@ annonymous: very witty comment, you know i never really thought about it like that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home