Monday, February 12, 2007

music


Nothing like good music to sooth the nerves and get you back in the flow of things!!
Currently listening to the devine Angelique kidjo. Just discovered that i had her album on my ipod and its great listening. Feel guilty that i have started listening to the jill scott pretender, corrine bailey rae. I have to admit that the music is brilliant tho. I just hate the brit equivalent factor air to her. To be fair, her music stinks of Jill scott influence, albeit restrained or less soulful. My friend, jon from leeds says she used to perform in a jazz club round the corner before success came knocking, its kinda like the girl who was a drummer in pete doherty's babyshambles who used to live not far from me. Bet they won't be so normal now......

5 Comments:

At 3:31 pm, Blogger Naijadude said...

Although I do love her its true she sounds so much like Jill Scott, nonetheless she's brilliant still. Sang at Grammy's last night, it was absolutely wonderful...needs voice like that to wake u every morning... Nonetheless, appreicate artistic brilliance instead of all those junks called hip pop/rap. Anglieque Kidjo rocks my world too

Have a good week!

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger internationalhome said...

She's good i have to grudgingly admit!! Didn't see the grammy's, dont think it was on, this side of the atlantic cos the baftas were on as well...

 
At 2:10 am, Blogger Nilla said...

I have Corrine's CD (bought it cos i heard so much about it). But I'm yet to listen to it from begining to end.
I guess I'll listen to it in its entirety someday....

 
At 4:57 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angelique Kidjo is coming out with a new album on May 1st. It is going to be amazing. (Guests like Alicia Keys, Joss Stone, Peter Gabriel, Santana, Josh Groban...etc etc.) She's touring with Josh Groban next month. Can't wait for the show/new album.

 
At 7:48 pm, Blogger internationalhome said...

@ anon: The cd sounds brilliant! I am giddy with excitment at the prospects of such collabos....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home