Friday, April 13, 2007

And even more music!






The weather is brilliant. With the met office promising even more higher figures, it can only get better. I'm already thinking of sand and sea as my jumpers and coats gather dust! Oh the joys of summer....
Look at me sounding like a sun starved Englishman when i have only just returned from Lagos. Still, one can't stop the feeling (why do i feel a song coming on)...
I suppose the sun has had it's effects, making put together the strangest play list on my ipod. I have made various CD combinations for different occasions in anticipation. It was handy though, because i came across music i hadn't heard in a while; and others not at all.
Thanks Naijadude for giving me the tip on Chris Botti who's sensual romance with the sax is great for suggested salubriousness. Thanks to Linda Ikeji (i don't believe i read her blog too) for reminding me about TEVIN CAMPBELL who apparently releases a new album this year. I got a few tracks of my stars album from the cranberries thrown together with some Vanessa Carlton to give it that alternative/ rock/ pop ish flavour. Back to some good ole dance tunes, i have turned to trouser snake's new album which i grudgingly admit is very good although i wonder if it was before or after the video of what goes around with Scarlett Johannsen....
Still on R n B, Jean Francois introduced me to French R n B star Cornelle who could be anything from R Kelly to Maxwell...totally amazing; especially as the songs are in french! Of course no summer play list of mine could be complete without Duran Duran. Asides the caddish/playboy identity they played so well, the prospect of them doing a live concert this year is fantastic....see, I've started singing Rio already!

P.S. First picture was taken last summer near cardiff!

6 Comments:

At 4:49 pm, Blogger Quest said...

Is someone liking Justin Timberlake?

 
At 8:58 pm, Blogger internationalhome said...

I am oh! Get the cd, you'll see what i am talking about.... :-)

 
At 6:14 pm, Blogger Naijadude said...

Ooh I thought you had better taste in music than J.Timberlake!

Ooh thanks for the Mme Peyroux ....

 
At 11:11 pm, Blogger internationalhome said...

no probs about it...bt i am unashamdely behind Mr J.T!

 
At 9:57 pm, Blogger Omar Ramon said...

music is a fly accomopaniment to any season or occasion. There is something melodic for every happening in life!! (can you tell I'm a music fanatic? lol)

 
At 9:13 am, Blogger internationalhome said...

AREN'T WE ALL....LOL!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home