Thursday, November 09, 2006

of the mundane...

I love university! Everything about it is just brilliant!! From the mundane to the spiritual. The boys mooning out the window at four am after a night on the binge(the nigerian in me doesn't let me join in, drunk or not), dating, campus side walks, park benches, faculty buildings, dodgy landlords, laptops, ipods and even course work.
I just finished my official first piece of course work for the year and i'm exhausted. 58 pages of political dross, prob 10liters of coffee, 6000words and 25 power point slides later i'm still here and i'm sure of my distinction, whoopeee!!! To make matters even better, it's reading week next week.
Thank God for music, i changed my playlist this week and heard music i'd forgotten i had.
Duran Duran- Ordinary world
Frankie goes to Hollywood- relax
Marc Almond- Tainted love
Aha- take on me
Brandy- Focus
Cesearia Evoria- Miss Perfumado
Diana Krall- Little girl blue
Jack Johnson- Upside down
India Arie- Brown Skin
The Cranberries- Pretty

It's great therapy; music. Helps with everything i think!Certainly helped with my work recently anyway....

1 Comments:

At 10:24 am, Blogger A.H. said...

What a set of images you conjure...thank goodness I left all of this behind a long time ago: I mean the student anticks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home