Sunday, May 14, 2006

Unecessary elation from the tender mind of man!

Relax, it doesn't mean anything! It's just a silly habit I’ve come up with in recent times. I feel elated at the moment; funny thing is I really shouldn’t be considering the awful weather forecast for this weekend. The series of events of the last week or so have done it for me, I suppose!
I’ve just finished a two hour exam I didn’t actually prepare for but I surprisingly feel confident of what I put down. I will admit a certain weakness in contemporary British media (I honestly find the subject rather boring with no offence meant), but I seem to have written a sensible enough essay. I suppose the results at the end of the summer will confirm my input! Of course, it isn’t the exam that’s made me happy, it’s the fact that I only have one more to go and then it’s the summer holidays. Sigh. Paris, the Brecon jazz festival, Shaftsbury Avenue…I can’t wait! Oh and of course there’s Nigeria…hopefully!
I must admit my shame at the outcome of the third term brouhaha and my lack of confidence in the Nigerian system. As it turns out, the third term blunder has been rightly crushed; the Nigerian people around the world can shout hurrah and glimpse the glimmer of hope in the horizon…lord knows we need it! It was most distressing to see those awful photographs of Nigeria in this week’s TIME. As usual it was all woe and dire tidings peculiar to that part of the world, typically portrayed by the western media; but to be fair it did happen, didn’t it? Well perhaps this event of the amendment bill and the advent and passing of this test of democracy signals a positive dream of Nigeria taking its place amongst the developing nations of the world. As I tell my Nigerian friends here, no matter how well spoken you are or anglicized you can never be anything else asides from Nigerian.
Chatted on msn with Eniola and Jide yesterday looks like everyone will be home this year! It was nice to chat to Jide, haven’t spoken in ages…the miracles of modern technology. Funny how everyone seems to live abroad nowadays, terrible shame if you ask me! I wonder what I’ll do when the time comes to act; will I do the right thing or…..
It’s almost the end of term and I still haven’t devised an excuse for bailing out of going out with Liam, James and co. I suppose I’ve got all weekend to cook up an excuse…or just go!! On the other hand, have to see Mike and Rebecca when mike gets back from the download festival as they have a new cat…and home lol!
Must make it a point of duty to flog Ronke’s new venture when we go to Nigeria this year, it really is good work!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home